Thursday, September 09, 2010

Haste Makes Waste, And All Those Not So Silly Things Your Mother Told You That You Never Bothered To Listen To


I have been dying to make this pattern since I saw it two months ago. I even bought the yarn for it, several skeins, truthfully, because I couldn't make up my mind when I saw all the color combinations on Ravelry. Besides, these will come in handy in the winter. My family room tends to be a bit like Siberia in the winter, which makes knitting, reading, time on the computer a problematic thing. So after knitting three Skull and Crossbones hats in a row, I felt it was time for a change. Started this pattern at 1 am a few nights ago, knitted like crazy, and then went to bed. Knitted on it some more the next day, and as I was knitting, it dawned on me that the fair isle pattern wasn't lining up correctly. Damn!! Ripped it back to where I thought the problem was, knitted back up to where I had been, and saw the same damn misalignment. Yanked the whole thing off the needles, frogged it entirely, and restarted the next day. Much better, although I will say this pattern is kicking my ass for some reason. I can do fair isle in my sleep, but there is something about this one that always has me ending up with an incorrect count at the end of a row. I still love it, and can't wait to have at least one pair of these done! This one is in ShibuiKnits Sand and Mulberry. I have Ink, Midnight, Wasabi, Bark, Ivory, Peacock, and more Mulberry and Sand waiting in the wings, along with some unnamed Cherry Tree Hill in a gorgeous green, and also several skeins of Koigu KPPM. My only concern with the Koigu is the much shorter yardage in each skein, I think 175 yds vs Shibui's 191. I'll see what kind of yardage I use when I finish this first pair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home