Friday, June 03, 2011

Hoo. My work schedule has been a bit chopped-up lately, which makes it hard for me to function, much less blog. However, I have been able to get some piecing in this week. True to form, while looking for some batik fabric I knew I had, I came across a couple of quilts I started several years ago when my mother died. One of them is a Thousand Pyramids quilt. It's done in blues, greens, turquoises, anything that gave me a kind of "beachy" feel. I was going for tones of the ocean, sea glass, things like that. I liked the fabrics, but I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I cut the pyramids. Some were just plain wonky, some were too small, some were too big. I recut the too big ones, cut the too-small ones down, and put the wonky ones back in the scrapbag if they couldn't be rescued. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

I've also worked on this. It's the "Lucky Star" pattern by Atkinson Designs. I love the floating star effect of this, and I love the batik fabrics, too. This is the first time I've ever used batiks for an entire quilt.


Post a Comment

<< Home