Friday, July 15, 2011

This Is A First...

...because I'm only halfway done with my Thousand Pyramids quilt, and I already have the backing and the binding chosen and bought. It usually takes me a while to pick a backing, especially since I have fallen out of love with plain white, which used to be my backing of choice. I still have a queen-sized log cabin quilt that I finished well over 10 years ago sitting in my closet waiting for me to chose backing and even worse, I still have to figure out how I'm going to quilt it. I think I'll wind up sending it out, because the thought of having to hand quilt all that fabric acreage gives me the chills.


Anywhoo, here is the binding and the backing, along with the photography and quilting supervisor. He certainly is a busy boy these days. I chose a light green batik on the right of the picture, for the backing; and a dark green batik, on the left, for the binding. My not-so-local quilt store was having a summer sale, with 20% off selected fabrics, and 30% if you finished the bolt. There was a bit more of the light green than I wanted, but it didn't cost too much extra (read: $3.00!) to buy it, finish the bolt, and get a 30% discount!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home