Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Kid On The Block

Well, I did it again, didn't I? Wandered away for a while. One more day, and I probably would have seen my face on a milk carton.

Time just got away from me. It's been very busy at work. A full moon, combined with it being 40 weeks after Valentine's day, and what do you have? Non-stop babies, that's what. Plus, I got the unpleasant news that I was going to have to work on Thanksgiving Day, so we managed to put together a Thanksgiving /Housewarming at my son's house. We put together a dinner for 20+ people in less than 5 days. Pretty good, no? We had a great time. I went over early in the day to make the potatoes and help him cook a turkey (his first time cooking one!) I had to also bring over half of my kitchen, plus the apple pie I made the day before, too. Everyone who came contributed something, as is usual in my very large family. All in all, the food was yummy, the company was great, and I was thrilled that so many people who mean so much to me could make it on such short notice. I'm a little less grumpy about working on Thanksgiving now.

Anyhow, Mike and Jess were feeling under the weather last week. I made a run to the store for Bananas, rice, applesauce and bread for toast - you know, the BRAT diet. While I was over there dropping things off, I noticed that it was a bit stuffy in the apartment. Being that it was a reasonably nice day out - no snow, rain, ice, gales, whatever - I suggested they crack open a window for a while for an air exchange. She opened the sliding door a bit, and later she heard meowing, which wasn't coming from their cat. There was a young ginger cat at the door, who allowed her to pick him up. He's now a member of the family, and getting used to their household, which includes Murray - all 27 pounds of him!
I'm guessing this little guy is about 5-7 months old. Jess thought he was a girl, but there are definitely pompoms under that tail, so those will have to go, too. He has a bit of an eye problem, but will go to the vet this week for a workup

Who could resist this little furry face? His name is Zach, by the way.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home