Thursday, November 24, 2011

Try New Things

Well, one of the bloggers out there has something going called "Try New Things Thursday". So, getting into the spirit of things, I figured I'd try tatting. Technically, it's not really a new thing for me; I learned how to do this when I was about 11. My grandmother taught me, and I think I tatted for all of 20 minutes before I gave it up. So, flash forward about 50 years, and here I am again. I am annoyed to say that I am having quite a time getting this right. I know how to make the stitches, I just seem to be making them on the wrong thread because when I close the ring, I have to pull the wrong thread. Of course it doesn't help that I have a 16 pound crazy cat who is hypnotized by the thread moving - he keeps attacking the thread and pulling the entire shebang out of my hand. No matter where he is, he seems to know that I'm working on this, and comes skulking around to take a flying leap on my tatting, sending me into near coronary arrest while he's at it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home