Monday, November 28, 2011

Where The Hell Is Godzilla When You Need Him?

Grrr. Pulled out my Chevron Scarf that I knitted two years ago (well, it *is* November), and was greeted with this:
A giant hole.  And that wasn't the only one.  There were at least a dozen holes, some big, and some small, and other placed that were near-holes.  Damn moths!  This scarf was knitted with two colors of Socks That Rock:  Farmhouse and Watermelon Tourmaline.  99% of the holes were in the Watermelon Tourmaline rows.  Why?  Who knows?  Maybe the moths didn't like the  taste of the darker Farmhouse colors.  Or maybe they just liked the Watermelon Tourmaline better.  Either way, this scarf is now on it's way to being balls of yarn again, or more accurately a ball of yarn, and a big pile of chewed-up yarn.  I originally thought I could just cut out the chewed up yarn and rewind everything, but clearly that is not possible with the Watermelon Tourmaline, unless I want a scarf with a million knots in it, which I don't.  Fortunately, the same yarn is still available on Blue Moon's site, and is now winging it's way to me as I type.  I love this scarf.  It's from the book "Last Minute Knitted Gits" by Joelle Halvorsen.  I don't know on what planet this would be considered  Last Minute, because it took me a few months to knit, and from the looks of everyone's comments on Ravelry, it took most people at least that long.  So don't count on making this in a weekend.  It ain't gonna happen.  First of all, the instructions tell you to knit til the yarn is gone.  Hmm.  When my scarf hit 7 feet, I bound off, still with at least 1/3 of each ball of yarn.  Once it was blocked, it got looooonger!  Whoops.  At least my neck will stay warm.  My neck, and everyone near me, because it's that long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home