Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Humming Right Along


I've been using my new sewing machine quite a bit lately. Right now, I'm sewing sashing on a smaller version of City Sweets quilt, featured in Cherrie House's book "City Quilts". I'm hoping to get this done before Easter, but I don't know. I still haven't tried out FMQ on this machine (or any other machine, for that matter). I wanted to FMQ some sort of simple design on this, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I may have to go for the old "follow the seam lines" design. If I could manage to stay out of quilt stores, I might have had time to try this. I spent a fair amount of time at my two not-so-local quilt stores in the past few days. But, I have a nice new machine, and I need something to quilt, right? We won't discuss what's already packed into my closet.

Not only have I been spending time trolling quilt stores, I've spent a fair amount of time on education for our new hospital. We're moving to a new facility in 7 weeks, and there is so much to do. New procedures, new machinery, not to mention not getting lost in the new place! I went for education on the new med pumps, and to learn to be a "super-user" for our new pneumatic tube system. You know, like the drive-up window at your bank, only more complicated. Since I'm a superuser, I have to train others, which means I have to find time to get over to the new facility to go play with this system. Preferably with someone else, so I'm not sending stuff off to the ozone, never to return.

Spring sprung last week, and by the end of the week felt more like summer. 81 in March?? Really?? That's a bit much, I think. It's been a bit more normal this week, with chillier temps during the day, and freezing at night. I'm not a summer person, and while the spring preview was nice, I didn't want to be reminded of how hot and sticky summer is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home